TIPS FOR PREPRATION
Graduate Aptitude Test In Engineering
- Joining a coaching institute is beneficial as you would be exposed to a regular systematic study. Also, joining a peer group would make one more competitive. Online coaching classes/test series are beneficial too.
- Go through previous years’ question papers along with solutions, and analyse the subject pattern and focus on those subjects which have maximum weight age.
- Books can further be divided into two categories: Books that deal with the fundamentals and focus on conceptual clarity. Here textbooks by reputed publishers are a must. Books that provide a great deal of difficult and time-consuming questions and are used essentially as practice material.
- Do not rely on just one book for a topic; instead consult a couple of books for the same topic. Prepare notes after completing each chapter.
- Practise the maximum number of questions possible on a given topic. This certainly strengthens your preparation.
- Keep in mind that those topics which are not in GATE syllabus could be certainly left out.
- Make a list of topics in which you think you are ‘weak’ and focus on them. Have all essential formulae on your fingertips. Try to see if there are shortcut methods for a particular problem.
- Theory preparation should be completed one month before the exam and then practise many number of times.
- Keep oneself updated about any changes or developments in the GATE examination for the coming year.