TIPS FOR PREPARE OF ESE
Indian Engineering Services
- Joining a coaching institute is beneficial as you would be exposed to a regular systematic study.
Also, joining a peer group would make one more competitive. Online coaching classes/test series are beneficial too.
- Thorough yourself with fundamentals of the core subjects. Update yourself with all current affairs and
issues of general awareness.
- Refer to the pattern and syllabus of the latest examination. Compare the previous years’ questions
papers to identify repeated and important topics and questions.
- A better approach is to refer to one book for a single topic, covering all the basics, instead of referring to multiple books for the same topic.
- Along with the technical syllabus, allot time to General Studies and English. This will help you get an edge in the examination results.
- For technical topics, make short notes for important topics and a list of formulae to know for every subject. Make it a point
to go through these notes and formulae on a regular basis.
- Solve previous years’ question papers to assess your preparation level on a regular basis. Make sure to set
a time limit when solving questions to prepare yourself to complete a task within the set time.
- It is also advised to practice questions on OMR sheets to get yourself prepared for marking answers during the examination correctly and quickly.
- For English, practice some questions on Sentence Rearrangement and Finding Errors on a daily basis.